Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Agile Team Coach (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What will you be doing?
As an Agile Team Coach (m/f/d) in the Digital & IT Innovation Center team you will
• be responsible for the availability of the team and its continuous development with the help of a wide variety of tools, through coaching at method and system level and in agile process models
• prepare & moderate ceremonies of the applied framework (e.g. sprint retrospective or sprint planning) for 1-2 agile teams
• give accompany, observe and analyse the team in the cooperation and application of agile methods as well as derivation of measures based on them (e.g. training, de-escalations, etc.) and define the fields of action (e.g. development of methodological knowledge, better visualization, etc.)
• identify and eliminate impediments that block the team – if necessary in cooperation with the team, other Agile Team Coaches, Agile Coaches and stakeholders
• take on the role of Scrum Master within the framework of an agile Scrum team
• The main customers are the supervised teams, including product owners who can work more concentrated and stringently through their Agile Team Coach
• This results in a close working relationship on a methodical and interpersonal level with the supervised teams including product owners and direct interfaces. Together with the Agile Coaches, the Agile Team Coach develops agile change initiatives, drives them forward in the agile teams and ensures their sustainable implementation. Thematically, the Agile Team Coach also works together with other Agile Team Coaches and, if necessary, stakeholders
Leadership and teamwork:
• Support of the team towards self-organization (including assumption of self- and product responsibility as well as the maintenance of an ambitious and sustainable pace of work)
• Demonstration of Servant Leadership incl. coaching of the team in selected topics of the working method, which improve and facilitate the development of goals
• Addressing perceived tensions, promoting transparency and de-escalating any conflicts, possibly also with the disciplinary line managers of the team members
• Encouraging and advising team members in taking on unfamiliar tasks as well as setting up and expanding their own skills in adjacent areas of responsibility
Innovation and change:
• Constant challenge of the team to discard familiar ways of working and to learn and apply new patterns of behavior
• Identify tensions and escalation drivers in the team's workflow and develop countermeasures
• Continuous education in order to know new tendencies and currents in the field of agile working methods and to be able to convey them to the team
• Moderation and control of the conversations in group discussions and workshops. Selection of the appropriate communication format
• Diplomatic skills and courage to discuss and resolve blocking factors of the team with relevant interfaces
• Flexible adaptation of the communication style depending on the situation, topic and contact person
• Addressing clear, structured, timely and concrete feedback in the team and in the interfaces involved
It would be nice if you have:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Broad experience in transformation projects, broad knowledge of different organizational and scaling approaches of agile methods, adaptable communication style as well as a quick comprehension and abstraction ability
• Strong empathy and sensitivity in interpersonal interaction and knowledge of human nature
• Promotion of an agile mindset and an open and trusting corporate culture based on the agile values in the team, with involved interfaces and at the divisional level
• Promotes and uses systemic thinking
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• University of applied sciences/university degree, e.g. in business administration, marketing, or (business) computer science & at least 3 years of professional experience
• Practical experience corporate transformation & the introduction of agile working methods, ideally already in the role of Scrum Master (in different industries and companies)
• Experience in conversation and coaching, ideally supported by a completed coaching training
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can