Cloud & DevSecOps Engineer (m/f/d) in Dresden
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
Within the world of Mobile Communication, technology is a key enabler. A consistent part of Vodafone success is based on the implementation and delivery of advanced and innovative services to its customers. Within Vodafone Group Technology, Infotainment has the responsibility to design, develop, deploy, and operate strategic consumer services. We are building a new global Device Lifecycle platform and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cloud & DevSecOps Engineer (m/f/d) to join our new team.
The essence of the Cloud & DevSecOps Engineer (m/f/d) role is to design and to setup the public cloud environments and to implement the automated continuous delivery pipeline to provide the team with the ability to develop, deploy, and release small batches of functionality to the business.
What will you be doing?
As a Cloud & DevSecOps Engineer (m/f/d) you will be part of the distributed agile team with specific responsibility to
- support the establishment of DevSecOps culture and methodologies within the team.
- proactively look for optimisation opportunities in the DevSecOps processes.
- work closely with Group Security and Group Privacy and implement security by design and privacy by design.
- align the public cloud architecture with impacted teams across Vodafone Group Technology and local markets.
- define the DevSecOps runway for the DLS services, which provides the necessary technical foundation for developing business initiatives and implementing new features and/or capabilities.
- define and maintain our environment strategy.
- maintain and enhance the environment monitoring, ensuring we can provide a real time view on availability and performance.
- ensure the availability, performance and readiness of development, test, pre-production, and production environments to support our release aspirations.
- collaborate with our Engineering and Architecture teams to ensure we are driving the right environment strategy.
- develop, own, and maintain our environment build automation process.
- implement the cloud strategy and CI/CD pipeline within the boundaries of the architectural roadmap and strategy in close cooperation with the Solution Designers and cross-functional scrum teams.
It would be nice if you have:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- working experience in cloud architectures for complex business critical services
- good requirements analysis skills and problem-solving ability
- an in-depth understanding of modern software engineering/testing practice, tools, and techniques
- an in-depth understanding of cloud architecture, environment build and networking
- passionate about simplification and automation, continually looking to improve upon existing processes and procedures to drive efficiencies within the environments
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- deep knowledge and working experience of cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and OpenStack)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional and AWS Certified Security – Specialty or equivalent certification
- experience of CI/CD technologies & tools, including Chef, Docker, EC2, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- excellent knowledge of web-based and service-based architectures (REST), and micro-services patterns
- deep knowledge of privacy and security standards
- strong communication skills and ability to act as technical SPOC interacting with other teams, Vodafone markets and external partners
- a Master of Computer Science or equivalent
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.