Expert Data Scientist (m/f/d) in Dresden
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What will you be doing?
As a Expert Data Scientist (m/f/d) in the Digital & IT Innovation Center team you will
- obtain, cleanse and consolidate large (big data) and complex data in the corporate environment in close cooperation with departments and colleagues.
- design automated processes for data integration within predictive services.
- develope individual use cases with methods from the field of predictive analytics and machine learning in cooperation with colleagues.
- implement practical use cases within the IT environment with Python.
- establish systemic requirements for predictive service and coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
Customers, supplier and third parties:
- You will cooperate closely with product and process owners, experts and other stakeholders from all relevant functional areas (including operations, BI, technology, digital, business)
Leadership and teamwork:
- You will design, manage and support sub-projects in the department including analyses and implementation
- You will support project staff and groups professionally
Innovation and change:
- Agile Software Development and usage of new deep learning methods are essential
- You will develope innovative ideas to improve customer service and highlight trends
- Development in agile teams and communication with third-party suppliers and partners are part of your daily business
- Preparation, discussion and presentation of analysis and project results at management level
- Self-confident appearance and empathetic conveyance of content
It would be nice if you have:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Analysis of large, complex amounts of data
- Visualization and creation of interactive graphics
- Methodical, mathematical thinking
- Goal- and result-oriented
- Pragmatic hands-on mentality
- Independent, self-reliant work, initiative, resilience
- Lives customer orientation
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- High ability to work in a team
- Experience in agile software development
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in computer science, communications engineering, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics or comparable degree
- At least 3 years of professional experience in classic DWH / BI areas including solid theoretical and practical knowledge of SQL databases, ETL processes and programming languages
- Ideally, practical experience in (agile) software development
- Practical experience in project support and in project management in the field of big data and analytics
- Fluent German and English skills (C1 according to CEFR), both written and spoken
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.