Expert Digital Product Designer AR/XR (m/f/d) in Dresden
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
A Digital Product Designer AR/XR (m/f/d) is part of an AR/XR development team within the Vodafone Research and Innovation Center in Dresden. He/she independently creates designs for applications with a focus on augmented reality (AR/XR). The designs are created for native and cross-platform applications taking into account business and user experience requirements as well as technical feasibility. She/He assumes end-to-end responsibility for the entire design process, including the timely delivery of design documents. Using style guides, best-practice design methods and the independent approval of designs, he/she is responsible for both a consistent appearance of the Vodafone brand on the digital touchpoints and high-quality product design.
What will you be doing?
- creation of responsive designs and prototypes as well as implementation of user researchfor AR/XR applications
- cross-project support and consultation of design colleagues as well as advice to internal stakeholders
- jointly responsible for working on the definition and implementation of a framework for sustainable and modular application design
- care for frustration-free, easy-to-learn and intuitive products
- ensures a consistent user experience by obeying and developing local and global style guides;
- independent conception and specification of user experience designs while paying attention to business requirements and technical feasibility
- research in an ongoing development process to validate the design decision and constantly improve the customer experience
- continuous optimization of the user experience and usability and initiation of testing such as user research, A/B tests, eye tracking or benchmarking
Interfaces (customers, suppliers and others)
- departments from Technology & Business (esp. product managers)
- independent management of external service providers (agencies, freelancers)
Leadership and teamwork
- training for colleagues in the field of user experience methodology (depending on the field of expertise)
- independent content control and design direction of individual designers (at project level)
- close exchange with colleagues from the user experience environment, frontend development and other departments
Innovation and change
- leading participation in a sustainable, modular and responsive AR/XR app design framework
- jointly responsible for the design and further development of innovative products for internal and external customers
- close cooperation in your own team
- direct communication with internal requirements and colleagues the process chain (product management, demand/project management, frontend development, etc.)
It would be nice if you have:
- degree in UI/UX Design, Computer Science and Media or similar and min. 3 years of practical professional experience as a digital product designer, UI/UX designer or media designer with focus on digital
- experience in product development (cross-platform) for AR/XR applications (iOS and Android) with measurable success
- a good feel for UI/UX design and intuitive mobile user interfaces, as well as excellent knowledge of XR-specific UI/UX guidelines.
- high level of expertise in the areas of web and app conception and design, user experience, information architecture and usability
- team Player
- entrepreneurial and customer-oriented attitude
- flexibility and resilience
- strong communication skills
- detects trends
- joy in the use of innovation methods and creative work
- professional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other commercially available graphics and prototyping software (e.g. Sketch, Axure,InVision, Figma)
- experience with the development platform Unity3D and with 3D modeling (Blender, Maya) as well as good experiences with React or comparable UI frameworks
- good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.