Expert Network Engineering (m/w/d)?
At Vodafone, we work every day to build a better future. For a world that is better connected, more inclusive and more sustainable. Because for us, technology is only as strong as the people who use it.
Network strategy architecture and engineering / Group Network Engineering and Delivery organization (NSAE / GNED) is hiring to always evolve the service design and delivery in Voice and Services department, in specific in IMS & IN services for software development.
What you can expect:
- As Expert Network Engineering you are responsible for the architecture software development engineering Lifecycle management of the Voice and Unified Communications services and solutions.
- You are responsible for the demand and project management for service and network projects and ensure the process-compliant implementation within the framework of the GNED demand & delivery processes, taking into account local product development processes.
- You are responsible for the coordination of the engineering and the autonomous control of the Life Cycle Mgmt. of individual systems of the responsible network elements/services/releases.
- You are responsible for the whole software engineering cycle (Requirement, design, development, engineering, testing and delivery of local and global marketing requirements) in the area of enterprise voice services and unified communications.
- You are responsible for the realization of smaller implementation projects for products and solutions on the respective network elements as well as ensuring specific project reports, project relevant data and documentation.
- You are also responsible for ensuring type acceptance and first site application.
- You will perform configuration, capacity and dimensioning activities independently and on your own responsibility.
What distinguishes you:
- A university degree or comparable qualification.
- Good knowledge in software development, software engineering, API, full stack development (e.g. node.js, express.js, java Spring Boot, python, Apache Camel).
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the telecommunications environment, also international or other comparable experience.
- Very good knowledge of processes and workflows in the field of engineering and in related specialist areas and deep knowledge on SIP/IMS architecture and Unified Communication solutions.
- Knowledge on VoLTE architecture, mobile and fixed (NGN) architectures.
- Conceptual and analytical thinking and working, application of project management techniques and good knowledge of professional project management.
- Technical leadership skills to significantly shape technical topics and represent positions e.g. in workshops and working groups.
- High flexibility and resilience.
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position at the Düsseldorf location for Vodafone GmbH.
What we offer you:
We are Future Ready, are you? Coming together as a team at our locations is important to us, but so is our individual flexibility. Take advantage of our Full Flex Office working model and, after consulting with your manager, work not only at your place of work, but also from wherever you feel comfortable and up to 20 days per year from other European countries. And we also support you in other ways, for example with flexible working hours and health offers to help you achieve a good work-life balance. We help you and your family in all situations. In addition to a generous parental leave scheme, we actively support you in childcare or caring for relatives, for example. You decide which of our training and continuing education programs will support your individual development and apply your knowledge directly. Our health and mindfulness programs offer you a good balance. You work in international teams and contribute your skills there. Exchange ideas with colleagues in various networks and learn from each other. You will receive an attractive salary and a modern pension plan. What else do you need? Choose from many additional benefits exactly what fits into your life.
Technology by and for people - with it, everything is possible. As part of Vodafone, we support you in a career that pays off. In every respect. It starts with you. It starts now.