Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Are you ready for a future that will be more exciting than ever thanks to new digital technologies? Are you ready for a world of opportunities? Are you ready for Vodafone? Then combine your skills with the best prospects as a
Lead Software Developer & Architect (m/f/d) Customer Data Integration
Faster, easier, more digital. How to achieve the technological leap into the 21st century? By focusing on the customer in finding the right balance between business and IT. Vodafone is developing its new business, process and IT world in the form of "Solstice". Yet it is about much more. it represents the greatest turning point in Vodafone's history: a total business transformation towards the customer experience of the future. Become part of the Solstice team and join us in inspiring digitalization based on cutting edge technologies and agile collaboration in a scaled context. As a Lead Software Developer & Architect (m/f/d), you will play an important role, leading our agile, international and cross-functional teams in developing the 360 degree view of our customers in real-time.
These are your challenges:
- You create the IT solution design to implement the integration of new source data into the Customer Logical Units and also create new micro services and open APIs.
- You are responsible for and advance software development practices, including test automation along with software and infrastructure as code on the native cloud platform for all of the 360 degree customer data delivery teams.
- You ensure standardised coding and software documentation.
- You are a pioneer in the 360 degree customer view in real time, event streaming and convergence and create IT architecture specifications utilising the foundational technologies K2View Fabric, Confluent Kafka & Cloud.
- You advise and support the product owner and the product management Re: every aspect of the implementation and creation of the product backlog.
- A degree or comparable professional experience and at least 5 years of professional experience in software application development, IT solution design and architecture as well as agile project management in the ETL development field
- Very good knowledge of SQL and databases together with normalized data models and their relationships
- Experience in K2View Fabric, Java, Rest APIs, Kafka, Cassandra & Oracle Golden Gate technologies as well as similar applications in cloud native and CI/CD-based environments
- Agile, proactive mentality toward technical leadership, development and building software development teams as well as very good communication within the teams, on the program level and with the client
- Willingness to train as a Lead System Architect through K2View Fabric and Event Streaming certifications
This position may be full-time or near full-time part-time (minimum 30 hours).
We are filling the position for Vodafone GmbH at its office in Düsseldorf.
We offer you:
- Attractive remuneration and above-average additional benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Extensive additional training
- Individual development of your talents
- Flexible working time models with part-time and home office
- Active support for childcare and care of relatives
- Wide range of health benefits and programmes
- International career opportunities and exchange opportunities
Are you ready for the new, the unexpected, the impressive? Then apply online now with the details of your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.