Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Role title: Manager IT Solution Management (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities, and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high-tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
The Manager IT Solution Management is responsible for the IT-technical solution design in complex, strategic also international projects and programs also in cooperation with the Vodafone Group. He/she participates in the development of IT Solution Design specifications and strategies, defines IT standards and is accountable for the Lead IT Solution Design of dedicated artefacts.
Interacts in close communication with Solution Train Engineers, Solution Managers, Solution Architects and Release Train Engineers.
What will you be doing?
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Strategic further development of the system landscape for which he/she is responsible
- Develops solution and project recommendations as well as decision proposals for the further development of the IT solution in order standardize and to cover the business needs in the future as well
- Develops retirement/replacement recommendations for systems of the department / domain to realize cost reduction potentials though standardization.
- Derives based on solution scope and business processes sequence diagrams and I/F Contributes to the IT roadmap of his domain
- Observes the relevant IT market with regard to his domain and makes recommendations
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- 5-7 Years of experience in IT Design and / or coding, ideally in the telecommunications industry
- Assembles and leads multidisciplinary project teams in terms of a dedicated functional scope
- Has above-average characteristics in methodological, social and leadership competencies
- Enables the team to perform and work independently
- Applies methods for conflict management in the team
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in IT solution design; IT business analysis software development and/or IT project management
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in (business) computer science, engineering or mathematics).
- Several years of experience in working with and managing external solution partners
Top Functional Skills:
- Strong knowledge and experience in using efficient and innovative methods of system analysis and software development (design, modeling, programming and quality assurance)
- Very good knowledge of IT development processes (classic and agile variants)
- Confident application of data and process modeling methods
- Practical experience in requirements analysis as well as in the development of functional/logical data models
- Knowledge and experience in project management, as well as in the application of the methods of risk & time management
Top Soft skills:
- Fluent Business English skills and ideally fluent German
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can