Product Architect Home Connectivity Services
Düsseldorf / Home Office
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
Our Fixed Devices team leads a portfolio of consumer internet gateways to support the Vodafone markets with their fixed line offerings. However, it is becoming more and more difficult to differentiate to competition on hardware only, so Vodafone is planning to deliver new products and services. You will lead the definition of a harmonized platform that allows to simplify the development and rollout of new services across different Internet Gateways, in line with Industry Standards, where Vodafone is taking a lead role
With us you will:
- Defining architecture of Home Gateways in the context of deploying new services
- Representation of Vodafone in the standardization forums for fixed industry
- Business owner and gatekeeper of platform strategy, architectural roadmap as well as platform requirements
- Lead design and specification of new architectures & features and drive towards implementation across device portfolio
- Lead implementation of architectural projects & platform changes from specification to successful product launch
- Secure senior management sponsorship for key initiatives by demonstrating impact to Vodafone’s business
- Work with markets and senior partners to execute our strategy effectively
- Participation on RFQs for new products and services, representing the architecture team
Apply if you have:
- Knowledge of fixed devices industry, including different access technologies DSL, Cable and Fibre.
- Understanding of industry players
- Track record in delivery as product architect
- Very good communication (English) and influencing skills.
- Experience defining APIs and cloud.
- Knowledge CPEs architecture, and some knowledge of network elements (ACS, etc)
- Being able to communicate clearly with Senior Stakeholders, translating the technical jargon into business language.
- Willingness to travel
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
The future is exciting. Ready?