Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Product Manager Network Slicing (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
The Product Manager Network Slicing provides expert knowledge to deliver the activities of design, development, deployment and go to market of compelling and profitable propositions, which deliver the desired user journey experience, and Brand positioning. The correct development, pricing and marketing of products and services will drive customer loyalty and achieve target revenue. The Product Manager Network Slicing focusses on activities that influence and determine pricing, champion new product innovations and communicate the products' benefits to the market to drive sales. Typically reports to Senior Products and Propositions Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Define and develop the MPN Network Slicing strategy, roadmap and customer proposition working with lead customers, sales and the business development team, to prioritise market requirements and ensure our roadmap is aligned with customer and local market requirements
- Working with technology/delivery teams, create a comprehensive strategic plan, and feature requirements list
- Together with finance, sales and technology teams build the business case for development of new initiatives and obtain executive buy in
- Create Go-to-Market plans and work with sales channels in local markets to ensure plans are executed successfully, including clear articulation of offering’s USP and positioning, sales collateral, etc.
- Track commercial performance to ensure the success of the offering and drive continuous improvement
It would be nice if you have:
- Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science and/or at least 3 years’ experience in relevant positions
- A knowledge of 4G/5G telecoms is highly beneficial
- Wider understanding of the solution landscape in terms of devices, architectures, cloud/hyperscalers, APIs (i.e. not just traditional telco connectivity space)
- Ability to influence, lead, collaborate, learn and drive roadmap decisions in an environment of new and fast-moving technologies and business shifts
- Ability to write clear requirements for product development and to communicate roadmap and product features to sales and customers
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking, with the ability to present the vision and commercial benefits to internal and external audiences
- Commercial awareness, business acumen, including the creation of business cases, and understanding customer/product P&L
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can