Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Product Owner XR (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What you will be doing:
• Own, drive, and focus Agile delivery teams on realisation of business value.
• Develop and define user stories / items and acceptance criteria on behalf of the customer in line with their specific business needs and expected value realisation.
• Rank and continually prioritize user stories / items based on fluid customer requirements and business context’, conveying a clear vision of what is required to be built in order to meet customer expectations.
• Approve the final release plan and accept all deliverables against defined user stories and customer acceptance criteria
• Analyze and report delivery risks and opportunities, and engage stakeholders for communications and decision-making
• Drive continuous improvement across all aspects of delivery
• Manage the financial plan for the delivery team, providing forecasts.
It would be nice if you have:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Excellent business acumen, proven ability to understand customer needs and translate them into deliverable product features and business value.
• Working knowledge of all aspects of Agile culture and methodologies. such as Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP), Test Driven Design and Behavioural Driven Design
• Proven track record of managing high performing teams. Clear understanding and ability to lead teams in an environment of transformation and culture change.
• 5+ years of experience in a Product/Service design leader role with proven track record of designing and delivering a product in the tech domains.
• Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to minimize overhead tasks for the team and manage interdependencies with other teams
• Excellent relationship building and influencing skills, with the ability to foster an inclusive team culture.
• In-depth understanding of both the current Telco, Network and digital services market and emerging business and technology trends
• Flexible with planning and work estimation, managing and empowering the team, able to continuously balance between the customer and commercial needs
• A strong customer-centric focus, with an entrepreneurial and ROI mindset
• Ability to function with a high degree of autonomy
• Strong financial management skills
• Strong time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple balls, and comfortable working under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communications and collaboration skills
• Digital / software product ownership in large scale environments
• Expertise in Agile software development environment and methods
• Market research, design thinking, and lean start-up methods; business modelling
• Customer experience design of digital products and services
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Degree in Engineering, Software development, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
• Experience in successful delivery in Product Ownership across full product lifecycles, from MVP to marketable products in iterations, including support transition
• Experience in successfully leading and mentoring agile / DevOps teams in large multi-team environments
• Experience in successful delivery against financial / resource constraints
• Experience in the use of analytics and AB / multivariate testing
• Experience with requirements definitions and use case modelling
• Professional experience and knowledge of the Telco industry strongly preferred
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can