Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Role title: Senior Agile Team Coach (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities, and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high-tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What will you be doing?
As an Agile Team Coach you are responsible for
- Managing and optimizing the value stream in the teams regarding e.g. quality and efficiency
- Supporting the teams with their delivery capabilities and working on their continuous development in regards to Agile way of working and efficiency
- Detecting, tracking and managing risks, dependencies, bottlenecks and impediments and advising the teams or specific individuals on how to solve these
- Conceptualizing, preparing and performing ceremonies
You achieve that
- By using training and education techniques to teach about the use of Agile methods and by ensuring compliance with the chosen working methods
- Through continuous communication and stakeholder management and by setting impulses to improve the Agile maturity level of the teams
- By spreading the “Agile mindset” through role modeling
- By promoting transparency in the teams
- By supporting the Agile transformation of the organization by representing the interests of the coached teams in the organizational context and thus initiating improvements to the Agile framework
You, as a Senior Agile Team Coach
- Support the Agile teams, including the product owners, with guidance on Agile best practices and methods while embedding Agile values and mindsets
- Maintain a close working relationship on a methodical and interpersonal level with the supported teams and direct interfaces
- Develop change initiatives in collaboration with Agile Coaches, drive them forward in Agile teams and ensure their sustainable implementation
Top Soft skills:
- Strong empathy and sensitivity in interpersonal interaction and understanding for different personalities on all hierarchical levels
- Inspiring Agile mindset that promotes an open and trusting corporate culture based on the Agile values in the team, when working with involved customers and suppliers, as well as at the divisional level and throughout the entire group
- Systemic thinking
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
It would be nice if you have:
In detail, your scope of accountabilities include
- Preparing and facilitating ceremonies of the applied framework (e.g. Sprint Planning or Sprint Retrospective) for 1-2 Agile teams
- Supporting, monitoring and analyzing the way the teams collaborate and apply Agile methods, and initiating countermeasures (e.g. training and de-escalations) and fields of action (e.g. building up methodological knowledge and improve visualization) based on your finding
- Identifying and eliminating current and potential future impediments that hinder the team in their work. In terms of team coaching, this includes an in-depth analysis of conflicts and their root causes as well as supporting team members in developing solution strategies. The resolution of the identified disruptive factors usually takes place in collaboration with the team, other (senior) Agile team coaches, Agile coaches and stakeholders.
- Representing the team’s interests to relevant stakeholders of the organization and the jointly development of improvements for targeted areas of tension within the Agile transformation
- Moderating and controlling the flow of discussions and workshops, especially in conflict-prone topics, to constantly challenge the team to discard outdated ways of working and implement change
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Practical experience in (scaled) Agile working methods, e.g. as a Scrum Master
- Extensive experience in leading conversations and coaching, ideally supported by a completed coaching education
- Broad experience in transformation projects and knowledge of different organizational and scaling approaches within the Agile methodology
- Adaptable communication style as well as a quick grasp and ability to think abstractly
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience, of which at least 5 years in the area of business transformation & the introduction of Agile ways of working, ideally in different industries and companies
- University degree, e.g. in business administration, marketing, or (business) informatics
- Fluent German and very good written and spoken English (at least Level C)
- Coaching training as well as professional training and further education in Agile working methods
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can