Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Role title: Senior Business Development Manager - Healthcare (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities, and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high-tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
By connecting people, places and things, Vodafone Business helps organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform and our global scale, we can deliver the results organisations need to progress and thrive.
European healthcare systems are under pressure from ageing populations and scarce resources, and digitalisation presents an opportunity for structural change. Accelerated by the COVID pandemic, national governments and the EU are planning to invest tens of billions of euros in digital health initiatives in the next five years. This presents Vodafone Business with the opportunity to generate substantial incremental revenue growth and contribute to Vodafone’s Digital Society ambitions by improving citizens’ access to, and outcomes from, healthcare. The Vodafone Centre for Health with Deloitte will combine Vodafone’s leading portfolio of connectivity services with Deloitte’s global healthcare consulting and delivery expertise to deliver solutions that help the healthcare sector to become more efficient, improve clinicians’ experiences and save lives.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager who is self-driven, a highly motivated leader that will lead the business development and sales enablement activities for the Centre for Health. Working with a team of Country Sales Leaders from Vodafone and Deloitte, the Senior Business Development Manager will build a qualified pipeline of connected health opportunities and equip the local teams with the tools and resources they need to win business. This role will have an aspirational revenue target.
This role will leverage resources across the Vodafone and Deloitte organisations to support health sales teams in identifying, qualifying, developing and winning public and private sector health RFPs, as well as engaging new customer accounts by disrupting telco and professional services competitors. The Senior Business Development Manager will play a key part in making the Vodafone Centre for Health with Deloitte the go-to choice for health organisations as they digitalise the delivery of health services.
What will you be doing?
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Lead Health sales across the EU 4 markets establishing a community of market-leading Health sales professionals and developing a qualified Centre for Health joint pipeline that delivers Vodafone’s revenue targets and the revenue share commitment to Deloitte, achieving minimum 4x qualified pipeline
- Run regular trading reviews with the joint Vodafone and Deloitte team in each country, focussing on accelerating pipeline build, improving bid performance, and increasing win probability
- Lead the Sales Enablement community to develop tools and content that support each country’s sales enablement needs
- Provide continuous feedback to Propositions, Strategic Partnerships and Marketing teams to positively influence the Proposition and Solutions Roadmap, partnership development plan and marketing plan
- Establish and monitor a consistent Pursuit Centre across all countries to scan for cross-market and local government funds allocated to digital health, qualify in or out, and engage the appropriate Vodafone, Deloitte and partner resources necessary to be successful.
- Report sales performance, and sales pipeline to the Centre for Health leadership team and the Executive Board including a consolidated view of Vodafone's participation in RRF funds to the Project Phoenix Leadership team
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Three years' minimum experience leading health technology sales teams and winning public sector complex RFPs
- Executive and senior stakeholder management in a global environment
- Strategic thinking capability for solving complex problems and insights and analytics translation
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-country teams to deliver transformational change
- Comprehensive understanding of what drives profitability along with the capacity to lead strategic business decisions.
- Communications technology and solutions knowledge including networking, IoT, cloud, SaaS and cyber security
- Strong leadership and management qualities to coach and develop skills within the Commercial and Sales teams.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related subjects, sales, business admin or related technology field
- Fluency in English required, other languages a plus (DE, ES, IT)
Key performance indicators:
- Investment case delivery
- Global sales pipeline, solution revenues and key product commercials e.g. Revenues, P&L etc
- Customer satisfaction and NPS
- Recognition from identified technology analysts e.g. Gartner
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What's in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can