Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Senior CI CD Engineer (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
The role includes responsibility for the introduction and implementation of automated tests in agile software development. Through this, it contributes significantly to the improvement of operational processes within the framework of software development in the Solstice programme. The CI CD Engineer assumes end-2-end responsibility for solution optimisations and sets standards in the area of Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD). The role is also responsible for advising and supporting teams in the implementation and use of CI/CD processes and tools.
What will you be doing?
- Definition and conceptualisation of Solstice standards in the area of Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, tools, implementation processes and environments (public cloud and internal datacenter) to support agile & core IT organisations.
- Define and develop generic and/or application-specific Solstice deployment pipelines to reduce downtime and increase production resilience.
- Cross-vendor and cross-domain alignment of strategic deployment concepts and architectures.
- Optimisation and further development of the Solstice Deployment Management process with a focus on deployment pipelines, definition and adaptation of the operating model.
Interfaces (customers, suppliers and others)
- interaction with stakeholders
- collaboration with external teams
Leadership and teamwork
- Ensuring the achievement of objectives and, if necessary, taking measures to realise the achievement of objectives
- Leading external vendors and service providers to implement the transformation
Innovation and change
- Introduction of CI/CD with agile development and corresponding operational concept in cooperation with Vodafone Group and vendors
- Analysis and continuous optimisation of workflows
- Averting negative trends such as implementation risks in the Solstice programme
- Participation in Group-wide and external committees for best practice sharing
- Communication with stakeholders in the Vodafone Group
- Negotiating with and managing vendors
It would be nice if you have:
- Degree in IT (any), 3 years of experience in CI/CD or 5 years in enterprise IT
- Profound Expertise in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Demonstrable expertise in automation of deployment of infrastructure and software with tools like Jenkins, Argo CD, Concourse, Github, Nexus, Bitbucket and scripting with terraform, groovy, Ansible etc.
- Extensive knowledge in setting up infrastructure for cloud native applications.
- 3 years experience in using serverless technologies in cloud environments
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Adapt in ITIL, SOX and security regulations
- 2+ years CI/CD and deployment automation skills.
- Experience with DevOps concept in enterprise
- Work experience using Agile principles
- Working experience in managing highly business critical environments.
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can