Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Role title: Senior Domain, Design & Delivery Manager (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities, and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high-tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
Generic description: The Domain, Design & Delivery Manager (DDD) is the E2E-Responsible for a Solution Epic. He orchestrates all activities across the delivery chain with a special focus on synchronizing Solstice internal activities and plan dates on time schedule with Non-Solstice (external) artefacts & (subproject) plan dates.
Position purpose: The Domain, Design & Delivery Manager is needed to secure that the Solution Epic with all it’s internal and external activities and artefacts will be delivered consistent end to end across the whole IT-Delivery-Chain . Due to the fact that the Solstice Program has many interfaces to other external delivery units an orchestrating role is needed.
What will you be doing?
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Consulting (Tech-Delivery-Expertise) for Solution-Management in early stages of the Solution Epic (e.g. Refinement Sessions & Fit Gap Analysis)
- Analyses Dependencies between internal Solstice & external Non-Solstice activities and artefacts and unblocks dependencies
- Synchronizes & plans Deep Dive-Sessions on feature level between Solstice & Non-Solstice Deliveries
- Aligns Tech-Plan-Dates E2E across the IT -Delivery-Chain (demand, design, delivery, test, deployment) for the Solution Epic & ensures that all Non-Solstice artefacts will be processed in their delivery (e.g. across Project Processes or via agile way of working)
- Maintains Solstice Master Delivery Plan for the SE real time and manages critical paths - closed aligned with Solstice Master Delivery Plan-Owner
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Strong background in leading complex projects or programs
- Preferred experience in Transformation Programs
- Strong understanding & experience of IT-Delivery-Chain (Demand, Design, Delivery, Test, Deployment)
- Excellent understanding of different Delivery Models (agile, hybrid, classic waterfall)
- Knowledge of SAFe and Agile methodologies
- Minimum of 5 -7 years’ experience in the telecommunications field
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in IT area
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Excellent Project- & broad IT Know How (see competencies)
- Fluency in English and German is advantageous
Key performance indicators:
- Delivery in time, budget & quality
- Top Functional Skills:
- Clear structured way of working
Top Soft skills:
- High degree of target-orientation
- Strong ability to assert oneself
- Excellent communication style
- Agile & open mindset
- Excellent analytical skills
- High degree of Flexibility
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can