Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Senior Expert Full Stack Developer AR/XR (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone?s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
A Fullstack Developer AR/XR (m/f/d) is part of an AR/XR development team within the Vodafone Research and Innovation Center in Dresden. A Fullstack Developer AR/XR (m/f/d) is programming and implementing augmented reality (AR/XR) solutions in small agile teams. The products are developed end to end. He/she plays a central role in conception, consulting, development, implementation, testing and deployment.
What will you be doing?
- conception, design, and development of cloud-based AR/XR software architectures and applications as platforms with the aim of maximum reusability
- responsibility for continuous integration, delivery, and deployment of the own source code
- development of technical concepts and definition of the software architecture of the application together with the technical team members
- development of guidelines as well as innovative cooperation and consulting in all areas of responsibility of the product team
- structure of reusable codes and libraries
- ensuring security and data privacy
- leading the technological realignment of existing products with the latest frameworks and methods
- ensuring non-functional requirements such as performance, security by design QA and automatic scalability
Interfaces (customers, suppliers and others)
- interaction with stakeholders and users/customers in the review session
Leadership and teamwork
- active participation in agile, cross-functional product teams
- guiding the more inexperienced software engineers
Innovation and change
- proactive search and inclusion of innovations and trends in the field of AR/XR
- identification of trends and challenges
- identification of escalation drivers and development of countermeasures
- communication within the agile team as well as across all management levels up to Director and ExCo level
- communication and collaboration with Vodafone Global Software Engineer COE (worldwide)
It would be nice if you have:
- a degree with a focus on computer science/business informatics or a comparable field of study, as well as practical experience of at least 5 years
- very good programming skills in C#, with the development platform Unity3D and with 3D modeling (Blender, Maya) as well as good experience with React or comparable UI frameworks
- in-depth knowledge of container-based architectures (Azure, AWS, REST, JSON, microservices development, Kubernetes K8s, Docker)
- great interest in telecommunications, digital trends, innovation methods, as well as fun in creative activities
- good knowledge of spoken and written German and English
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What?s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can