Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Are you ready for a future that will be more exciting than ever? Are you ready for a world of new and digital opportunities? Are you ready for Vodafone? Then combine your skills with the best prospects as a
Senior Online Operations Manager (m/f/d)
You develop operating strategies for the IT platforms which you are responsible for in Vodafone's online and sales business. You a familiar with technology trends, evaluate these and integrate them into our systems. Implement projects by creating architecture specifications and requirement documents, calculating business cases and developing decision papers. Serve as the contact for all business areas in your sphere regarding the optimum use of your systems to control business processes.
These are your challenges:
- You develop strategies and procedures to operate online and sales platforms optimally and without problems and also orient platforms and systems on new trends and innovations.
- You independently manage external suppliers and developers in an international environment with a view toward the overall E2E responsibility for IT systems and the supported business processes.
- You coach internal and external employees by creating technical documentation and training plans and also organise and hold technical training workshops.
- You ensure that the applications, systems and platforms for which you are responsible comply with security guidelines in projects and in operative business and also assist with SOX and security audits.
- You initiate post-mortem analyses of faults that have occurred and derive targeted actions to prevent future occurrences.
- A degree in industrial engineering or technology or comparable education with at least 7 years of professional experience
- Experience with agile process methods (such as SCRUM, DevOps) along with an in-depth knowledge of processes in the IT and telecommunications industries
- Technical knowledge of online architectures focusing on operating systems (such as Sun Solaris/Linux/Windows) as well as middleware (such as Apache/WebLogic/Tomcat) and databases
- The ability to prepare complex topics so that they are suitable for the specific audience and present them to CIOs, division managers and department heads
- Fluent German and English (C1 as per CEFR)
This position may be full-time or near full-time part-time (minimum 30 hours).
We are filling this position at our Düsseldorf office.
We offer you:
- Attractive remuneration and above-average additional benefits
- Company pension scheme
- Extensive additional training
- Individual development of your talents
- Flexible working time models with part-time and home office
- Active support for childcare and care of relatives
- Wide range of health benefits and programmes
- International career opportunities and exchange opportunities.
You want to launch your career today in the network of tomorrow? Then apply online now with the details of your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.