Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Solution Architect Automotive Software (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
A Solution Architect Automotive Software (m/f/d) will be part of the connected mobility team within the Vodafone Research and Innovation Center in Dresden. He/she designs and implements software solutions for enabling and supporting distributed automotive features. The role also includes tasks such as setting up the infrastructure, developing concepts for software testing, and using tools that enable a fast and continuous over-the-air release of software towards vehicles. He/she is also responsible for implementing processes and tools to enable continuous integration and delivery, and to maximize the speed and quality of software development in teams.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the design, development and testing of automotive applications within the framework of agile development teams (DevOps)
- Concept development and implementation of software for automotive functionalities development, remote software monitoring and reconfiguration of software-based features
- Definition of the automotive software lifecycle
- Concept development for reconfigurable software-based automotive features
- Use of various development, testing , and automation tools
- Ensuring and implementing security and connectivity requirements
- Review, verification and validation of the software code
- Application of troubleshooting techniques and bug fixing
- Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis
It would be nice if you have:
- Preferably degree in computer science or comparable professional qualifications & min. 3 years of practical experience
- solid knowledge of cloud platforms (e.B. AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
- experience with software development and deployment for automotive applications
- first experiences with Container Orchestration (e.B. Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform) and in dealing with the DevOps toolchain (e.B. Jenkins, Github, Kibana etc ).
- advanced analytical, solution-oriented and entrepreneurial thinking and acting as well as pronounced technical know-how in the field of application
- huge interest in the German telecommunications market, digital trends, innovation methods and creative activities
- good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can