Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
Are you ready for a future that will be more exciting than ever thanks to new digital technologies? Are you ready for a world of opportunities? Are you ready for Vodafone? Then combine your skills with the best prospects as a
- Specialist (m/f/d) for Cyber Defence
Do you want to make Vodafone a little more secure? And do you have an affinity for technology? When problems occur, do you think outside the box to find creative solutions? Then come and support our team as a Specialist (m/f/d) in Cyber Defence.
As a Security Specialist (m/f/d) Cyber Defence, you are part of a professional and highly motivated team and serve as a specialist in an integrated security organisation at Vodafone Germany. You act as a contact for ICT and cyber security issues both locally and globally. You serve as the interface for both technical and security management expertise to ensure that the correct security measures are identified, implemented, reviewed and continuously improved. In the process, you are ready to tackle any challenge and look forward to overcoming even unique obstacles. In projects, you ensure work with the team to ensure that all relevant cyber security requirements are implemented. Shape your career at Vodafone and the future of the gigabit society.
These are your challenges:
- You analyse, describe and evaluate current threats such as hacker attacks or malware on the infrastructure and derive measures for Vodafone Germany accordingly.
- You are integrated into the Vodafone Group’s global Cyber Defence team and support the Security Incident Management on a local and global level.
- You create management reports for threats and infrastructure vulnerabilities for all recipient groups within the Vodafone Group.
- You act as a contact for the Cyber Defence team with the aim of sustainably maintaining the cyber security level.
- You act as process manager for the core Cyber Defence processes.
- A successfully completed degree in computer science/communications engineering or comparable professional experience
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the IT and/or telecommunications sector along with practical experience in operational IT security management as well as and in-depth understanding of security components such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, log management tools, IPv4, IPv6, AAA and encryption techniques
- Good knowledge of IT, ICT or cyber security as well as experience in project management, documentation and reporting is desirable
- Analytical and organizational skills as well as independent, diligent, solution-oriented and sustainable approach to work with a high level of self-organization
- Very good knowledge of German and English (C1 as per CEFR) and, ideally, professional qualifications such as CISM, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CCSP
This position may be full-time or near full-time part-time (minimum 30 hours).
We are filling this position for Vodafone GmbH at its Düsseldorf office.
We offer you:
Attractive remuneration and above-average additional benefits - Company pension scheme- Extensive additional training - Individual development of your talents - Flexible working time models with part-time and home office - Active support for childcare and care of relatives - Wide range of health benefits and programmes - International career opportunities and exchange opportunities
Are you ready for the new, the unexpected, the impressive? Then apply online now with the details of your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.