Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Expert Software Engineer Frontend (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What will you be doing?
As an Expert Software Engineer Frontend (m/f/d) in the Digital & IT Innovation Center team you will
- programme frontend solutions with native or cross-platform frameworks.
- be responsible for continuous integration, delivery and deployment of the own source code.
- develop technical concepts and define the software architecture of the application together with the technical team members.
- develop guidelines, cooperate actively and consult in all areas of responsibility of the product team.
- be responsible for the systematic further development of the standard in the context of software development.
Customers, supplier and third parties:
- Interaction with stakeholders and users/customers in the review sessions
Leadership and teamwork:
- Active participation in agile, cross-functional product teams
- Guiding the less experienced software engineers
Innovation and change:
- Proactive search and inclusion of innovations and trends
- Identification of trends/challenges that prevent the achievement of goals
- Identification of escalation drivers and development of countermeasures
- Communication within the agile team, as well as with all relevant stakeholders and user groups
It would be nice if you have:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Very good knowledge in the design of GUI ́s as well as their usability
- Very good knowledge of the operating systems in the app environment (Blackberry OS, Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone...)
- Deep know-how in cooperation with employees in the near-or off-shore sector
- Extraordinarily high degree of commitment and resilience as well as analytical-conceptual competencies
- Excellent communication skills, a high sense of innovation and responsibility
- A focused way of working with outstanding time and resource management
- Several years of experience in agile work
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Preferably degree in computer science or comparable professional qualifications
- Min. 4 years of professional experience in design and development of web & mobile apps; Professional experience in the telecom or e-commerce industry is an advantage.
- Several years of experience with Google's cross-platform, mobile UI framework Flutter
- Experience in developing apps with object-oriented languages
- Very good knowledge of at least one mobile platform iOS (SWIFT, Objectiv-C), Android (Java, Cotlin) or a mobile web framework such as e.g. ReactNative
- Several years of experience in service integration, databases
- Very good knowledge of common operating systems and development environments
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can