Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Security Expert (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What will you be doing?
As a Security Expert (m/f/d) in the System Teams & Shared Services division, you will
- Independently analyse and evaluate cloud-based security issues
- Specify and coordinate IT security requirements for new cloud security tools and services to be implemented with the relevant departments
- Evaluate audit and vulnerability analyses including risk assessment
- Develop and optimise security processes independently
- Define and derive SLAs and KPIs for the Technology Solstice programme
- Play a key role in establishing a holistic IT security organisation at Vodafone Germany.
- Advise management and programme directors on security issues
Customers and suppliers:
- You advise and support internal and external customers on security-related issues.
- You define, communicate and ensure that suppliers understand and comply with Vodafone's security standards and implement the IT transformation.
Leadership and teamwork:
- You are an important part of the NCIS Shared Service Team to drive the transformation.
- You will also manage external partners in a highly complex and mission critical programme environment.
- Participate in committees and workshops to further develop the security strategy of the business / IT transformation.
- Participation in Group-wide and external committees for best-practice sharing
Innovation and change:
- You make a significant contribution to the definition and implementation of internal and regulatory security requirements.
- You develop measures that enable employees to achieve the target figures
It would be nice if you have:
Core competences, knowledge and experience:
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and organisational skills
- Self-confident appearance and assertiveness
- Independent, conscientious and solution-oriented working style
- Focus on results and goals
- Motivation and willingness to constantly improve your skills
- Teamwork and conflict resolution skills
- Flexibility and resilience
Technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in information security or a similar field and at least 4 years of professional experience in the field of IT information security, preferably in large companies.
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud IT security components
- Experience with mobile, fixed and cable technologies, ideally in a Vodafone environment (global & local)
- Experience in risk management & consulting as well as IT security standards or best practices is an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can