Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies. We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. Join our journey as we connect for a better future.
Senior Expert Data Scientist (m/f/d)
The Vodafone Tech Innovation Center Dresden is Vodafone’s new global center for innovation and co-creation with other top tech world-wide companies, universities and research institutes. The scope of this new hub is to improve peoples' lives by innovating communications and empower businesses for a digital and sustainable future. We use newest technologies such as 5G, 6G, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Security by Design in order to build new products and propositions for health, industry, transport, automotive, agriculture and many more. Dresden is a dynamically growing high tech region in the heart of Europe with a strong industrial focus, excellent research landscape. At the same time Dresden is a great place to live with manifold culture, unspoiled nature and an international and family friendly environment. The ideal spot for creativity and innovation.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Expert Data Scientist (m/f/d) in the Digital & IT Innovation Center team you have the following main tasks and responsibilities
- The core task is complex data analysis and pattern recognition
- Independent identification of relevant questions, use cases and associated data sources based on the division goals and an understanding of activities with regard to digital transformation in technology (e.g. digital twin)
- Selection of suitable analysis methods, ensuring data quality and carrying out analyses using catchy technologies
- Use and evaluation of state-of-the-art API
- Consolidation, preparation and visualization of the analysis results for different stakeholders
- Independent development of a data science approach for the automation of technology systems for complex application
- Establishment and expansion of an appropriate IT infrastructure, if necessary. Requirements definition in line with the Group Big Data Strategy
- Creation of predictive models
- Programming of API to integrate the analysis and prediction models into the operational processes
Customers, supplier and third parties:
- Interfaces at management level up to the executive committee
- Partner companies at management and employee level
- Technology /Operations /Group Functions
Leadership and teamwork:
- Reliable guidance for experienced colleagues as well as professional guidance and support for less experienced colleagues
- Management and monitoring of projects with an impact on the entire department
Innovation and change:
- Innovation management and continuous improvement based on market trends, new analytical methods and tools
- Align activities to ensure the achievement of departmental objectives
- You will communicate within the department and in adjacent departments at work and management level
- You will communicate in projects at work and management level
- You are involved in the relevant committees for the presentation of new concepts up to the executive committee
It would be nice if you have:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Performs the tasks independently and on his own responsibility
- Independent establishment of structures and approaches
- Very good methodological competence and structured handling of numbers
- Analytical approach
- Strategic and conceptual thinking
- Motivation to continuously expand and deepen one's own knowledge
- Team spirit
- High quality awareness
- Questioning existing processes and approaches
- Agile Mindset
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Excellent university degree (Master's or equivalent) in the field of computer science and/or mathematics with a focus on statistical data analysis.
- Relevant professional experience min. 5 years related to data science and/or AI
- Expert in common methods and technologies (e.g. R, SPSS, SAS, Python, tensorflow), in-depth knowledge of at least one of the mentioned platforms
- Broad and in-depth mathematical knowledge with a focus on statistics, data mining/pattern recognition and neural networks
- Methodical and software engineering knowledge of modern, open API
- Professional experience in data mining / data analytics projects
- Good English and German skills, both written and spoken
This position may be full-time or part-time (minimum 30 hours).
Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.
We are filling this position for Vodafone Group Services GmbH.
What’s in it for you?
- Full Flex Office - opportunity to carry out your work, in agreement with your line manager, up to 75% at a suitable location of preference in Germany, and up to 20 working days per year from other EU countries
- Additional benefits of Full Flex Office: Refund of major part of the costs for your Vodafone fixed network and internet connection and provision of equipment, e.g., a monitor for your home office
- Monthly discount on Vodafone mobile phone contracts
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Access to our internal learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- 30 days holiday and holiday plus - option to buy additional 10 days
- Generous global parental leave policy
- Access to online sport courses
- Car and bike leasing options
- Attractive salary and a modern company pension, financed by Vodafone
Together we can